Make Scotch Eggs Like a Pro
Hey there, what's pumping today? How is the weekend moving over there? How did you go through the week? Are you resting, playing Saturday, going to a party or doing chores?
I guess you liked the idea of making Scotch eggs and like a pro too that was why you clicked to see what's in this blog post. Congratulations, you will make one like a pro and when I say making Scotch Eggs Like a Pro, I mean making it faster. And I also mean not making egg rolls! Because, babe, they are very different.
So, let's roll, shall we?
4 hard boiled eggs
1 raw egg (whisked)
Sausage (1/2 kg- ground or minced)
1 seasoning cube
A pinch of nutmeg
100 grams plain flour
50 grams breadcrumbs
Salt (to taste)
⅓ teaspoon dried pepper
Vegetable oil (enough for deep frying)
1. Put the minced meat in a bowl and add the seasoning cube, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Mix thoroughly.
2. Roll the boiled egg in the flour then roll some meat over the egg, covering it completely in the meat.
3. Now, dip the meat covered egg in the bowl of whisked raw egg, making sure the whole ball is covered in the whisked egg.
4. Then transfer the meat covered egg into the bowl containing breadcrumbs. Make sure the breadcrumbs are coating it completely.
5. Go on ahead and repeat steps 1 - 4 for the rest of the eggs.
6. Heat up your vegetable oil in a deep pan or pot. This will help it cover up what you want to fry.
7. Fry the scotch eggs until thoroughly brown.
8. Transfer to a tray. Make sure the tray is lined with paper towels. This will help to absorb the excess oil from the Scotch eggs.
There you go, easy peasy. Your scotch eggs are ready!