Mouth Watering Donuts in 5 Easy Steps
Donut is one of my favorite snacks. It is not only yummy, it fills me up quickly. When I was doing my masters in the University of Ilorin, there were days I would not not be able to eat anything in the morning. Donuts were my bail outs. I would buy just a big piece and I would be good to go. I will show you how to make mouth watering donuts in just 5 easy steps.
1 cup all purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tbsps of Oil/Butter
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon of baking powder
pinch of salt
pinch of nutmeg
1/2 cup buttermilk (add a tablespoon of vinegar/fresh lemon juice to 1 cup of Nunu milk to make buttermilk)
¼ teaspoon of vanilla
Icing sugar (optional)
1. Preheat your oven. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Combine buttermilk, vanilla, oil/butter and egg into a separate bowl.
2. Add the buttermilk mixture to flour mixture and gently mix until just combined. Be careful not to overmix the batter.
3. Lightly grease a cupcake baking pan with oil/butter and using a tablespoon scoop some batter into each circle in the pan.
4. Bake for 10-12 mins until the donuts appear done (slightly brown and fluffy).
5. Remove from pan and let it cool. You can then dust with icing sugar.
Are you going to try this someday? Enjoy!