2016 In Review
Hello everyone. I want to first of all wish you a happy and prosperous new year. This year is going to be superb in all areas of our lives in Jesus' name. Amen.
I took this off Good Naija Girl. I liked her post about her 2016 review. You too can get a template for a thorough review of the year. I plan to keep using this for many more years to come. So, here are my answers, honest answers.
1. What did you do in 2016 that you’d never done before?
Travel to Portharcourt. Cry for 2 hours straight.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No, I didn't have new year's resolutions. I desperately didn't want to be bound by any written 'rules'.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes. My colleague and project mate at the time, Yemi.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes. My maternal grandmother. I was sadly not as close to her as I should.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016?
A stable emotional life.
7. What dates from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
October, 2016. I signed out of my masters degree program in flying colours.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Becoming a masters degree holder
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being able to follow through with a brand I launched - Blog Our Wedding (BOW). I have not given up on it tho'. I switched to offering new services for money- building and designing blogs. As soon as I can get back to BOW, I will. And stronger too.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing serious. I had malaria many times in 2016 tho'. It was very uncomfortable.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Techno Camon C8
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My boyfriend. He was with me through thick and thin. Especially during my masters program.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
A classmate of mine.
14. Where did most of your money go?
My masters degree program.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Finally getting a headway for my blog.
16. What song will always remind you of 2016?
Rise Up by Andra Day
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
Firstly sadder, now happier
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worry and fret.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
In my house o. It was the driest ever! I spent time thinking about Jesus and I tho'.
21. Did you fall in love in 2016?
I stayed in love. It was difficult all through but things are way better now.
22. What was your favourite TV program?
I don't watch TV
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Yes and no. I can't say who he is here. I am trying to be better at allowing the Holy Spirit to comfort me, rather than be bitter.
24. What was the best book you read?
'Why Men Marry Bitches' by Sherry Argov
25. Who was your greatest musical discovery?
Yemi Alade. I like everything about her music. Everything. Her cover version of 'Mungu Pekee' at Coke Studio was epic.
26. What did you want and get?
A new phone.
27. What did you want and not get?
Many blog subscribers.
28. What was your favourite film of 2016?
Husbands of Lagos (seasonal)
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I took myself out. I was 24 years old.
30. What one thing made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
The progress on my blog.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016?
Still drier than I would want. I am uping my game in 2017. I want and am getting more gowns. Gowns really flatter my body shape.
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I hate Nigeria's politics so much that I am irrepentantly indifferent.
35. What did you miss?
My rented self contain in Ilorin. I had so much of freedom.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
My Blog Sponsor
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016.
Stop worrying. Stop worrying. Stop worrying. Stop it.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
'I'll rise up
Rise like the day
I'll rise up
A thousand times again "