Should a Woman Consult Her Man Before Cutting Her Hair?

Saturday, January 14, 2017 32 Comments A+ a-

Chidinma Ekile on low cut

Heyo, what's pumping this weekend? We have another question to tackle this week o and it's about going on low cut as a woman. Do you feel your man's opinion matters here? As a man,  would you prefer your woman to consult you before going on low cut? Even if you don't mind her going on low cut? Okay,  there are many twists to this question though but I would like an interesting conversation.

I saw this question on Instagram and I picked interest so, here, I am throwing it open to you,  my blog readers.

Let's go.

32 comments

Write comments
Anonymous
January 14, 2017 at 9:37 AM delete

I don't mind her going on low cut. I am not particular about what happens on her head as long as she is happy. As long as anything, style or low cut she does makes her happy, I am okay.

Anonymous
January 14, 2017 at 10:06 AM delete

I would like to tell my man o. Maybe not for permission since I am not married but I will notify him. I won't want him to be shocked.

John Ifedayo
January 14, 2017 at 10:12 AM delete

I like that she should consult me first. Even though I will ask her to go ahead to do it, I would like the luxury of being part of an important decision like that. Women on low cut are beautiful.

edeh chiamaka
January 14, 2017 at 10:15 AM delete

I would like to consult him first. Men like to be part of decisions. I don't like low cut sha

Anonymous
January 14, 2017 at 10:16 AM delete

I won't consult him for permission. I will just inform him first before going ahead. Hubby doesn't really care about stuff like that.

Anonymous
January 14, 2017 at 10:18 AM delete

A woman should consult her husband first.

January 14, 2017 at 10:21 AM delete

Hmmmmm.. So in your opinion, a woman doesn't have to consult her man first, right?

January 14, 2017 at 10:22 AM delete

I would definitely consult my man before cutting my hair. I would have to know if he would want me on low cut. He always likes me wearing a very full weave to small weaves because i am skinny. With this, i would ask him to know if he would like me on low cut because if i go cutting my hair without him knowing, when he eventually sees me on it, he wud definitely be disappointed.

So I think a woman should consult her man first.

January 14, 2017 at 10:22 AM delete

You nor want kasala abi? Hehehe...

January 14, 2017 at 10:24 AM delete

Me, I like Chidinma's low cut especially. Also, when Genevieve was on low cut, it was so beautiful.

I see that you'd like to do things together with your woman. #smiles

Moyele
January 14, 2017 at 10:49 AM delete

Well, I notified him and his response was "just make sure you look good in it"
I didn't take action till after 6 months to cut it. Well, it became another story.
It shouldn't be for the purpose of validation, just notification.

January 14, 2017 at 10:52 AM delete

Yes, I feel the same way too. Men who love you like to be part of important things in your life.

January 14, 2017 at 10:53 AM delete

Hmmmm, thank you for sharing your opinion.

January 14, 2017 at 10:54 AM delete

Hmmmmm, thank you for sharing your view.

adeola adeola
January 14, 2017 at 10:55 AM delete

I will notify him o, don't want him to feel left out like that

January 14, 2017 at 10:55 AM delete

You won't want him disappointed at least. That's cool.

adeola adeola
January 14, 2017 at 10:56 AM delete

I will notify him o, don't want him to feel left out like that

January 14, 2017 at 10:58 AM delete

Thank you for sharing your view, Yele.

As it is, there is 'permission' and there is the 'notification'. So you would at least notify him, maybe not for permission as such. Hmmmmm...

January 14, 2017 at 11:04 AM delete

Yeah, I understand that part of it all. Hmmmmm..

Adeniyi Grace
January 14, 2017 at 11:23 AM delete

Yes, i would tell my man before cutting my hair. When my man eventually sees me on low cut, he might just say it's okay but deep down in him, he might not like it any bit. He might just tell me i look beautiful on my low cut to make me happy. He would also be disppointed that i never did tell him before cutting my hair that i took the decision all alone. My man is so much obsessed about my hair. He chooses hair styles for me so it won't be cool if i go ahead cutting my hair without telling him, it won't be cool, at all. I could remember a time i went to make an hair style, i didn't tell him before making it, when he later saw it on me, he didn't like it but he told me it was very fine even though i saw it in his face with the way he was staring and all that he didn't like it. I felt very bad about the hair. He kept on telling me it was very fine to make me happy but i knew he didn't like it. I didn't like the hair till i loosened it knowing that my man didn't like it. You know that feeling na, when you make a new hair, buy a new cloth, bag, shoes and so on and your man does not like it, you will feel bad and sad.

So, it's very important a woman tells her man before going to cut her hair. He might tell you he likes it, to make you happy but deep down, he might not like it and he would also be disappointed that you took such a great decision without involving him or letting him know. Tenkiu. #smiles.

January 14, 2017 at 1:02 PM delete

Hehehehe.... This is serious! Thank you for taking time to explain your view. Kilzes

Anonymous
January 14, 2017 at 2:01 PM delete

I would want her to ask for my opinion first before going ahead. As her husband, it's just like making any other decision in the house. She likes my beards, the same way I like her hair and even suggest some styles for her to make. It wouldn't be fair if I shave off my beards without telling her first.

So I would like her to inform me and ask for my opinion.

January 14, 2017 at 2:07 PM delete

Thank you so much for sharing your opinion.

Solomon Ezeh
January 14, 2017 at 2:37 PM delete

well in as much as I like girls cutting em hair too especially tha AnikaBecca­čś« or wah ever it's called ..I love dat cut on women... buh my lady should lemme knw before doin so... it's her body quite alright buh it shows respect and value for the man

January 14, 2017 at 3:00 PM delete

Yeah, I agree. It shows respect and value.

Anonymous
January 14, 2017 at 5:06 PM delete

A woman should inform her husband before cutting her hair. In fact, every matter should be disccussed before decisions are made. It shows regard/respect for the person.

I have met men who like a particular hairstyle on their women and some who have a kind of negatively stereotyped notion about women who wear their hair low.

-Folake Adedamola

January 14, 2017 at 6:00 PM delete

Exactly true.

Thank you for sharing your opinion.

godsonbarca
January 14, 2017 at 10:39 PM delete

She just has to tell me cus I love ladies with full hair and my woman can't just go and cut her hair which she knows I love playing with, without informing me. If she informs me even I wont agree unless the hair is giving her problems.

The Exemplary
January 14, 2017 at 10:39 PM delete

My opinion. A woman should tell her husband before cutting her hair. He might not necessarily have a problem with it but I think he should be notified.

www.thexemplary.com

January 15, 2017 at 5:38 AM delete

Team full hair!

Thank you for sharing your opinion.

January 15, 2017 at 5:39 AM delete

Hmmmmmmmm.....

Thank you for sharing your opinion.

Anonymous
January 16, 2017 at 1:16 PM delete

In my opinion, she doesn't have to. She should be free to do anything she wants to to her hair.